View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 AM
margecam52

It looks like a variation on a log cabin block...you use 4 of them to make the star.
You would use EQ to figure out placement for the white triangle area, but what I would do is make the log cabin block, cut the same size white square as the center and draw a line diagonally through the square (this is your stitching line)....now, lay this on the log section, matching the two raw edges...sew on the diagonal line, open out and test. If it's right, the opened out part will match the raw edges...now is the time to adjust your stitching until the opened out part matches the raw edges...then you can trim off (like you would doing a snowball block).
Not necessary, but... before trimming, I'd measure out about 1/2" from that sewn diagonal seam (towards the raw edges), and sew another diagonal seam. cut apart between the 2 seams...you end up with some small half square triangles...these would be perfect in the sashing, or border of the quilt...or a matching pillow, etc.

If you don't have EQ, draw it out on graph paper.

Originally Posted by Shoofly1 View Post
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...3tnwg60_12.jpg

I would love to make this pattern. Do you know what it is or where I can find it? thanks.