Old 04-16-2013, 08:18 AM
janRN

QNS, thanks for explaining the distance from San Antonio; sorry to say geography (and directions) is not my strong suit. Language/origin of words I love. Took 4 yrs of Latin. There was a book published about 10 yrs ago about "Pittsburghese" and the strange words and phrases we use around here. Like "yinz" for the plural of you.

Ggal, I love that fabric and can't wait to see your finished quilt. Glad you got your backing.

Anael, apologies for a Senior Blonde Moment. It wasn't Thimbleberries that had the free BOM it was Debbie Mum. I always get them mixed up. I don't have the book you mentioned but I do have Thimbleberries Guide for Week-end Quilters. You are welcome to it--let me know.

Thanks to Anael and looking for that book, I cleaned my sewing room all morning. I didn't have dust bunnies; I had dust elephants. I also found fabric I forgot about. Some of it falls into the "what was I thinking?" category and will be passed on to my friend who is teaching her DIL to quilt. I found some beige on beige tonal that I must really like--I have 3 separate yardages of it! What I'm looking for and can't find around here is a beige on beige batik; most have blues or grey in them. If anyone knows of a good site for beige or cream batik, please let me know. Back to the Bat Cave, this time to sew instead of clean.