Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Jon, that is sad - what a resource NeedleBar was. I was really sad to see the White site go too, although, I think it is still available under a different name if you join? Anyway, the old White site was a lot of fun and very informative. Now, with Needle Bar gone too, it is just getting harder and harder to get information! All of us who started this affliction a few years ago had so much more free information available - In my opinion - than people have now. Now, the information out there is all scattered not concentrated - harder to find.

Nancy

Nancy, The White site, I'm assuming you are referring to Katie Farmer's, was a very nice site that was easy to find in google search. I believe it was on Photobucket. Photobucket had made changes recently. It was most likely those changes that cause the White site to no longer be easy to find. And I'm sure it would take many hours of work for Katie to create a new site or blog since she has such a wonder and extensive collection of photos and information.

It would be nice to find information compiled in one area that is for free and easily found by a google search, but that will never happen. I believe ISMACS is the only site now that has that type of information and setup. Although they have membership, a membership is not required to read some of their information that they have compiled. They share freely, and hopefully continue to do so. And there are some other very fine folks that have shared their information by posting photos and information through their site or blog. I don't know if they have to pay for their sites, but I'm sure some do. Bless them for sharing so freely.

IF one were to use Blogger, which is free, or another free blogging site, one could compile a list with photos of their machines. Labels can be made to find x machine, like a list of Nationals, Whites, and Singers. And one could even label them more specific. That does take hours of work. Also, one can set up that free Blogger site to have folks leave comments or set it to no comments. If it were I compiling that (my collection is small), I would have it set so that no comments could be made. It would strictly be a site of reference. I do know that there are folks that make money off of the daily hits to their Blogger sites. I don't know if one would make a fortune from a vintage machine blog; I doubt it since it would require thousands of hits daily just for a couple of dollars. But money is not the point.

Yes, it is sad that Needlebar is gone. And one day other sites will be gone too, like Treadleon.
The machines out live us. We are just the steward.