Old 04-16-2013, 09:52 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
I'm not familiar with "Blogging" but I can vouch for Yahoo groups which are free. I see people use them for family reunions, Treadle On get togethers, and pretty much anything. I store Davis serial numbers, old newspaper articles, and pretty much anything Davis sewing machine related in a Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DavisSewingMachine/
Very simple setup.

There seem to me many manufactures which very little is known about and all one turns up in a google search is a paragraph and a few pictures. Not exactly a hotbed of research going on with sewing machines but a fascinating one.

Jon
The problem with the Yahoo Groups is that those photos don't show up in a google search(at least I haven't found that to be so). So for the newbie, the person just researching, or a person that doesn't wish to become a member of so many different yahoo vintage sewing machine groups, this can make it difficult to find information through a google search. Yes, it is wonderful that those free yahoo groups have a compile of photos, but it is a TOMB.