Old 04-16-2013, 11:29 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

The quickest trip from CC to SA was when I was scheduled to met eldest daughter there, and I got behind a Ford Tarius that passed me, so I decided to keep him in my sights up ahead...no way was I up to catching up with him...with two cars between us and a lead foot, I slowed down with the pack when they slowed down. Yep, that trooper was in the other two lanes facing us across the wide median and as soon as he passed the batch headed to SA, the pace car, Ford T., was off and running hard again. Clocking in with an hour and half record from CC to SA, it was a one time only, despite the fact we lived there twenty five years. Never realized how big TEXAS really is, until we lived there. It was a five to six hour drive from CC to University of Houston in Houston where youngest daughter and son went to school. DD was one of 980 National Merit Scholars, one engineer of 380 engineers in her class to graduate with 40,000 other graduates in her class. It was not unusual to hear at least 10 different languages being spoken there in just one block of UH. Took over four hours just to get everyone seated for graduation...a far cry from where we live now in population numbers. And you guessed who usually drove them back and forth...by myself. College Station at Bryan was another two hours away, difficult to get any kind of transportation in and out of it, so when youngest daughter said, "Mom would rather I go to College Station or UH," it was a no brainer. Sad to say, I seen a news report on the 'starving' college students of today....there is just too much hunger in American today.