View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Rose_P

I bought some Merrill clogs, and they seemed wonderfully comfortable but squeak like crazy. Worse than that, I found that after a three hours of Christmas shopping in them I had foot pain that I'd never experienced before, plantar fasciitis. It took weeks to go away. That could be coincidental, because the shoes felt fine while I was walking in them, but I don't know. The squeak was bad enough, and just inexcusable in that price range. I am disappointed in them and won't buy them again. It's just too embarrassing to go around sounding like a one-woman basketball game. Later my DIL told me that she had some that squeaked also. I have had much better luck with Born, some Reeboks (the ones called Princess, if they still make them) and Clark, and oddly a great pair of Speedo flip flops that they don't make any more. Naturalizers usually feel good on my feet, but I quit buying them because they don't seem to hold up well. I have pronated arches, and comfort is my first priority in shoes. Some shoes feel good on my feet but I will get a backache every time I wear them. At least the Merrills did not cause a backache. I'll probably keep them around for walking the dog.