Thread: boston marathon
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:46 PM
EllieGirl

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
I feel as you do. When I was a child I could play outside alone!! I use to walk uptown as a young teenager to go buy my favorite "Tiger Beat" magazine. I don't even let my 10 yr. old granddaughter walk to our mail box across the street without me being right outside the door watching her. It's a very different world than it was and it's not going to get better. I know about The End Times as predicted in the book of Revelation. So that is Good News!
My daughters, 36 & 34, live in the same neighborhood they grew up in. There was a street behind us and there was only one entrance into the area, so basically the only people who drove up there lived up there. About a mile down the street was a pizza parlor. When the kids were 10-11 years old we thought nothing of letting them walk there. About three miles away is a bike path that goes across the city. When the kids were in middle school we let them ride there bikes to the bike trail and ride by themselves. They live within half a mile of the elementary school where they attended and walked home from as first and second graders. My oldest grandson will start kindergarten in August. There is no way that child will walk to or from school. Nothing is safe anymore!