Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Anael ... another great finished project for you! I've looked at that fabric before, and didn't know what I'd do with it but have never seen it in charms. Perfect way to get the assortment. Don't know about your pattern/book you;re looking for ... perhaps QNSue in her HUGE resource library might have it? Yes, spray basting is expensive, but oh so worth it. Though it doesn't really take a lot ... most of us use more than necessary. At least I am sure I do! I'm SEW happy for you that you are back to your Ode to Mom!

MiraB ... would it be the batik that's causing the problems? Tough stuff to go thru. Maybe a different needle? I'm sure you ARE succeeding ... remember we are our own worse critic!

JanRN ... sure, put us to shame with cleaning/organizing your sewing area! gggrrrrrrr!!!!! 'With all that beige tonal, would it work for the Mariners Compass pattern? I think we all have our slang ... and don't realize it's any different. Besides, isn;t it the other people who talk funny? not us? Still laughing at dust elephants!! .... thanks for identifying my critters!

GGal ... look forward to seeing some WIP pics of your MiraB project! WAs the pattern on that site? If so, I couldn't find it. Sorry, but I don't visualize well with word pics!

JanieW ... I have Nancy Halvorsen;s lost sheep!!!! and have made the quilt!!!!! BONUS ... It's Easy-Peasy too! Check this out ... and email me!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t172511.html

OKSGlad ... Sew Glad to see you back with us for a bit! You mean Bernina's have coronaries? Not fun when you can;t use your favourite machine. I'm sure your Janome will give you the perfect seam ... though you may need to move the needle. On both of my J's I've had to reposition it to accomplish that.

JeanieG ... Hope your DGD come along fine and can gon on home soon!