Thread: Inkjet printers
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:11 PM
IshtarsMom

Everyone is so right...it is the cost of the ink that is the killer of the budget. Fortunately for me my DH is the star bargain hunter. For my recent 74th birthday he bought me a 13x19 Cannon to replace the Cannon 8.5 I had that went south. I loved the pictures and the color and it worked wonderful for years. Searched and found this one for $99. on the Cannon site and it has the same brilliant color. He gets refillable cartridges and 3rd party inks. I am the artistic side, he the technical. I'd be sunk without his expertise. I haven't printed anything on fabric yet..

Two things.
There are printer settings...one that allows the printer to determine the color profile and the other is the program you are using. I set mine for the Adobe rather than allow the printer to decide because I get better color.

The other is the fabric...Has anyone had problems with lint on the print heads? What type of fabric do you use if you don't use the prepared packages. I'm wondering if I killed my little one with lint. Tried the formula for setting the dye color but it didn't work for me. I would use the dye for wall hangings that wouldn't get washed. I also have an Epson pigment 13x19 he got for the same price so I use that for fabric. It's been awhile since I used it and have cleaning cartridges in it when not in use. Don't want to mess up the new one. Which fabrics have the tightest weaves?