View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I have enjoyed reading everyone's cat stories. I have enough to fill a book but I will tell of my first cat love, the cat that brought me up. He was a member of the household before I came along. A big ginger tom named Tiger. Tiger was a love and a half and so indulgent of me. When I was old enough to attend school, back in those days it was safe for a 5 year old to walk to school by herself. I would walk home from school and as soon as I hit the neighbor's house I would yell "TIGER!" and immediately drop to my hands and knees. Tiger would come bounding out from wherever he was and run to me to bump heads and rub and love me all over. He did this every single day. I still remember an old photo of me with that cat at about 4 or 5 years of age. I was holding him, my arm wrapped around his midsection supporting him and his legs just dangling there. At that time the cat probably weighed close to 18 pounds and I was maybe 40 or 50. I loved that cat, and every cat I have had since then too.

I sure would like to know the secret of those who had 20 something cats. I've never had one live beyond 15 years.