View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Micha

Default Let's encourage each other!

I was in a class and one of the ladies, very seriously said "I don't understand why everyone doesn't just buy a Bernina.". I wanted to say, but I didn't, well not everyone can afford to buy a Bernina! Then I started to listen to the conversations of quilters I was around the next few weeks. Coversations about the 'tools' of the trade. I do think it's great to talk about the best machines, fabrics, threads, fibers, tools etc.... Or if you quilted on your own machine or sent it out. Heavily quilted with complex designs or just stiched in the ditch. It helps those that are looking to choose the best their money can buy. And 'shop talk' is great! But sometimes, I think, this can intimidate or discourage those around us who are new to quilting and don't have a lot of funds available. I would like to encourage those of you that are new to quilting or don't have access to a large budget, make it your own. Put your joy into the process and don't worry too much about how others might judge YOUR 'art project' based on your 'tools'. Just enjoy!

Micha