View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
measuring the distance as suggested at Sew-Classic
my bracket mount motor belt measurement is 15.75" at it's longest setting. So I could use shorter I guess. The generic belts I have for my 66 are about 1/2" too long. Just right up on the shoulder below the top edge of the wheel but of course that isn't where they belong.

http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/Belts_c3.htm
Could someone with more experience with the machines point out the belt that should work with this machine?
I'd really appreciate it. Don't want to pay postage 3 or 4 times before I get it right.

Or...should I take the bracket itself and have the top side of the slot drilled out so the motor sits lower and takes the belt I have? Sounds complicated and I like simple.

And the natural question that comes to mind...the old belt went out with the cleaning rags. Idjot...
I've had very little luck using the string method described by Sew-Classic. None of the belts I've bought using that method have fit. So I just use the old belts I've kept and when I find one that fits I use that number and buy a couple like it. Or just guess and buy a few sizes and try 'em. So far I've not had too many left overs. Always seems to be a machine come along that needs one.

That said I have three running 15 Clones and I'm using 196386 belts on all three of them. Works good.

Joe