View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Wild8580

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
So I did an inventory and with everything you have here ( studio Go, etc) I have to ask...... Are you in business? A professional who is making money off your quilting? Just had to ask, lol. Sure is lovely!
I am not in business. I got the accucut studio after my husband saw the system at an aqs show in Nashville and decided I needed that. I didn't buy at the show and he kept on after we got home so I said you buy it, and he did. I feel so blessed and I share my equipment with my quilting buddies. If you look closely, a lot of my furniture is repurposed. My cutting table is an old library table my mom got when a local high school closed. It is set on 2 by 4's glued together and routed out where the legs fit. after i got the ikea shorter units, I asked a friend to put a board on the table that would extend over the shelves, so I can cut those long borders. The storage underneath were acquired at a garage sale for $5 and just fit underneath the table. The desks beside my sewing area are tables my son scavaged from a nail salon that went out of business. My ironing board is a board screwed to the top of my mom's old ironing board. You know those older metal boards were so much sturdier than the new ones today. It has been a process over the last 5 years.

I occasionally will quilt for a friend, but am always afraid I will mess it up. I make quilts for the joy of making them and give them away to family or donate to my church or when grandkids need something for an auction. Because I am so blessed, I share what I have with my quilting friends. they gather at my home and we sew together. It is my hobby that has turned into a passion for the craft. I learned a long time ago that if I am productive, I have to have order and good tools. It helps that my DH of 48 yrs tells me his purpose in life is to keep me happy. He's done a great job! LOL I have been reading these posts for a long time. I love the pictures of the quilts and have saved the pictures of many and this was my first post. Thank you all for all the encouraging comments. I will post some of my quilts that this space has produced.