Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Honchey

Hi, After a long nap and some refreshment I feel normal again..
Wilmington is about an hour away...my first stop was Joann's..I picked up a new bird die for my accuquilt go & it also fits my new "Baby"..I had that shipped here so I won't have to tote the "go" back & forth...I also picked up a few mats for the cutter... and a few 1/4 yds of clearance fabric that was reduced 75% + my 15% Viking card...I will use these for my 2.5" swap...It's not the low end stuff......My next stop was Sam's Club...I picked up some french bread for our dinner omelets tonite....Then we went to Hobby Lobby...I've never been to a Hobby Lobby before..It reminded me of a store called "Franklin's" A little bit of everything...I found a charcoal split bark fabric that I think might work with one of my tops...Thennnnn we went to a very nice shop that also sells Viking machines....of course I checked them all out and one of the salesperson went into her selling mode...before she went too far into it I told her" I do the same thing you're doing....then we just chit chatted for awhile...I found a pretty red fabric and a white on white I don't have to use for my red & white some day quilt...My favorite time was when I asked if they had a scrap bin...they said the magic words..."YES" it's $2 for a sandwich baggie full/closed....boy oh boy did I pack that baggie...I will take a photo later of the baggie & goodies I bought...My last stop was a very nice shop that sold Bernina's and I was very nicely greeted but they were very busy and it seemed to me very cold...They didn't really have anythng that caught my eye...It was also rather dark in the shop...What I liked about the shopping area was that it was all within 6-8 miles of each other and in a very nice part of the city...All in all it was a good day...I will now take some photos....