Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 PM
carriem

Mirabelle--I am very excited for you to have your PC quilt back! You did a great job on your blocks and like others have said, the quilting accents them nicely.

Anael--Good to hear you are back to your Ode to Mom's quilt. That block is very pretty...pointy points and my favorite colors too!

Ggal--Your lone star quilt looks good! I see the "movement" someone else mentioned. Did you decide to upgrade your machine for a new Janome? I saw the newsletter today with the "deal".

GNS--Praying for your surgery to go smoothly tomorrow and that you can get the rest needed afterwards. Are you thinking about doing any of the shops in the "all-Iowa shop-hop"? The shop where I work is participating.

OK--I agree a solid border would be good...did you come up with anything in your stash?

Honchey--Sounds like you had a very busy day...no wonder you needed a nap! How are you feeling after your dental work? Everything healing properly?

Jan--Did you get some sewing in today? I worked all day so got to "play" with fabric but no sewing...Thursday and Friday are free though...yay!

Janie--I didn't make the FW quilt, so only been with the group for a little over a year, but am glad to be here! Sometimes I wonder how I got 2 blocks done in a week...of course then there were other weeks where I was able to get 2 done in a day, so I suppose it all worked out in the end.

Rain all day today..."they" said up to 3" and I am pretty sure we got every bit of that. The river near us is coming up...we are on top of a hill though so no chance of flooding in our house however the bridge less than a half mile away could get flooded if it keeps coming down...we don't have to cross it to get to town, but DD's bus goes that way, so might have a detour there! We've had lots of rain in the last week and the ground is just saturated. More rain expected tomorrow and then SNOW on Friday!