Old 04-17-2013, 08:04 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Of course its all about me I'm just resisting the urge to buy some
Silly woman!! What a foolish thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
There are so many blocks that I just can't photograph them all but this is just how I envisioned this quilt would look and I am so happy with the end result...
What do you mean you can't photo them all? Of course you can!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting serious here .......... I am thrilled for you MiraB, that you are more than pleased and that it turned out exactly as you had hoped. It's absolutely outstanding work from both yourself and your LAQ. And even detail in the sashings and cornerstones. That's what I loved about my FWS too, each block was unique and thus each was quilted unique and love to see it in other quilts too. I'm sure that everytime you look at your quilt, you will see something new that you didn't notice before. (I know that I do!) CONGRATULATIONS to you!, MiraB!!!!!!!

So glad that your April MB has found its way to you. I only mailed it last Tuesday, with hopes that you would get it in a much more reasonable time than your last one, and look at how fast it winged its way! Maybe it's the Commonwealth connection that saw it travel so fast? Would love to see a picture of it with your March MB!

Honchey
... no, we did not do two blocks a week! I still marvel at my finishing both the PC and FWS and praise you and the whole group for getting me thru it all. (yes, I know my PC is not done-done ... amd I ever going to to get those borders done??)

Anael ... Great block! Better guard it from CarrieM, for fear she'd be sneaking in and stealing it, being that you did it in her colours!

Honchey ... are you sure your DH wanted to go so you wouldn't get lost? or to keep you from spending your $$ ? I can't believe he gave up his golf!!!! It does sound like you had a wonderful day of tripping about! What a great haul, when we see your pics!!! Must have been fun, stuffing so much into your baggie. Have never heard of that being done before. Thanks re the MiraB's MB. It's called "Fiendship Star Variation" (yet another ... and not a variation of what we normally think for a FS)! YIKES!!! for not biting on that tooth for so long ... are you on soft foods? Or just be darned careful to not chew/bite there? And here I am going back to the dentist tmro morning first thing.

OKSGlad ... yes, I had wondered about the pink or purple, and went with the blue, just because I saw a lot of blue int here ... and me-thinks you do like blue! Kitties and sundresses would be so cute!! And maybe their brother could get a Hawaiian style shirt with puppy dogs? I do miss milk cheque days, even 13 yrs later! Thanks too re the MB. Haven;t seen that fabric in the blue/yellow. Have seen it in a funny mauve shade ... but as I got told by an LQS owner that all the Nancy Halvorsen fabrics are odd colours ... can you tell she's a tad opinionated?

GGal ... another stunning quilt! You are another amazing woman with what all you have been turning out this last while!! I particularly like how your background is not plain, which often is the case for similar patterns. Can;t wait to see it quilted!!

CarrieM ... good I Spy there! ... yes it is a blue of the FFC fabric. I had totally forgotten I had it, til I was shopping my stash for some blues that would somewhat coordinate with Honchey's March block for MiraB. So I just had to use it! The blue has little metallic gold dots on it. Also have used it in a red. I really have liked them, and have used them in a lot of projects, though am coming to the end of both very soon. All good things come to an end!!!

QNSue ... a little late ... Good Luck tmro (today by the time you see this) for all to go well. I'll be virtually with you. Good for you for looking ahead at that Shop Hop. Be sure to make plans to Hop around in June!! And I'm looking forward to seeing all your beautiful flowers again ... soon! Congratulations on your PC blocks being sewn together .... you just might beat me with those borders yet!!!!

And now me-thinks it's time to lay my head down for some sleep ... early to the dentist. arghhhh!!!!