Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 PM
AlaskaAlice

Those are great pieces! Wish I could get pictures posted!!
I looked at some cameras today at Costco..One of them was nearly 3 thousand dollars. Yikes. There was some for less than $200. but..I just bought food items..I can use the photo booth on the laptop but the pictures are not very good.

I sent you a block that was HST's and Boston blocks.
I have been trying to make the wing blocks..sure have a challenge with getting them to match seams, but finally have one that is ok. Ronda's look so nice! I made HST's by an old method of marking lines of sq's and sewing 1/4" on each side of diagonal lines. cutting on the diagonal and sq lines. the bias edges stay more straight when I sew them the old way. When I make wing blocks I am still challenged to get them all the same size and making corners match and the points all look the same. made some little tiny ones and some bigger ones..now I have more blocks and even more scraps. I joined the Doll Quilt Swap and the table mat and runner swap to use up some of the sample blocks and left over blocks.
I decided to buy a Accuquilt cutter..Hope it will help get pieces cut more accurate and make them quicker to make.