View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltwoman
All of the displays will be in empty storefronts that are currently for lease.
It's part of the city's Festival of Lights display. We are vying for a storefront window with electricity.

So far, we have yet to vote on a theme. Thanks for the great ideas--keep 'em coming! :wink:
As to a theme: I always come up with some 'cheesy' ideas, and then somewhere in the midst of the swiss and mozzarella, I'll get something usable, lol:
my pea brain just saw this display with all the abled and the disadvantaged and said: Have a Merry, Chair-y Christmas, lol!
ok, what I think is funny or cute, is not to some ppl. So take me with a grain of salt and a chuckle, maybe :lol:
other ideas:
>Christmas The World Over, and show the people, both able and not, dressed in clothing from differnt countries?
Hey, I like that one a lot!
Mexican sombreros...um...
wooden shoes for an ambulatory little Dutch girl...
a hula skirt and lei for a Hawaiian girl in a wheelchair...
kilts are Scottish....
lol...a loin cloth for GUAM!!! :mrgreen:
I TOTALLY LOVE THAT! :wink: It's a jungle out there! :lol:
red, white and blue outfit for Americans
feathered headbands for native american indians
big parkas for Eskimos
Hey, I hate to be immodest, but if you have time to pull this off, I really like this idea! What do you think. I'll only be wounded a little, if you shoot me down, lol! but I'll get over it. woo hoo! :D
P.S. Don't forget about the different world animals!!!
>Blue Chickens for New Zealand? :mrgreen:
of course you could also consider an assortment of mice, :mrgreen: ducks, monkeys, kittens, puppies,....wearing the outfits.
Instead of people, it could all be animals, and some in wheelchairs.
Hey, ppl are just mad for animals :mrgreen: