Old 04-18-2013, 07:12 AM
buslady

I love love love to make little girl dresses. The worst part is all the gathering. It can be a pain in the neck, but it can also hide a LOT of not so perfect seams, etc. If something doesn't come out just the way you expected, hide it with another pc of lace. I have made a few christening dresses. They don't have to be made from expensive material. White cotton with a layer of lace or tulle. There is actually a tulle like fabric that I have used. Got it at Joannes, it has a shiney oyster shell finish. Long, lots of ruffles and lace. Make your own lace from the tulle, yea, I know, more gathering. I actually have a box of satin in all the colors. Yellow, green, blue, pink, I think 7 in all. They are the bridesmaids dresses for my DD's wedding that was cancelled at the last minute. There is a lot of that clamshell tulle, as well. Is she set on white? I would happily give you some of this fabric if it would work. I bought a bolt and a half of the overlay. We were going to use it for decorations. OK, I am rambling. I get excited. PM if you are interested.