Old 04-19-2013, 12:15 AM
Ashjoy

That is a great idea, or ask her dr to speak on your behalf to the hospice folks. Once that decision was made for my grandmother they tapered her off everything rather quickly. She never made it home to need hospice, but it was a long 12 days. Once that decision was made we all took turns staying with her so she wouldn't go alone. Honestly, I think that process was so much harder then my grandfathers sudden unexpected death. My heart just is filled with grief for you Louise. My grandmas birthday would have been this week, her fb page is still there so I see her daily. The minister suggested we keep it and add memories about her, it is a lovely idea.

Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
QL, can you talk with another hospice company? Every state is different, in Oklahoma if they could not form a complete sentence then they were eligible for hospice, this is how they took care of my Papaw three or four days a week at the nursing home, they took care of him for about two years. I would get your doctors to call the other doctor or nurse administrator. My mom did all this so I don't know the process but as a nurse I know my doctor would make those phone calls, I would, or type up letters. I hope that helps and it okay to vent, you just want the best care for you momma. I will keep you in my prayers!