View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 03:22 AM
RGAY

Default Baby Quilts - first posting attempt....

A newbee to this message board, I am hoping to post here two baby quilts for two adorable grandsons. The first one, Finley's Back Yard, started out as something totally different but I didn't care for it, so I drew a very rudimentary sketch of his back yard, enlarged it to fit into the existing background, and used needle turn appliqué to finish it. Inspiration came from Out of the Box by MaryLou Weidman. The second quilt is needle turn as well, and I always wanted to do an alphabet quilt. When I finished the alphabet, I didn't think it was up to par with Finley's quilt (they are brothers), so I had to jazz it up a bit. I put animals on a few of the letters, but found myself caught by the challenge of adding to every single letter, so there you have it. Both are hand quilted, and minimally since I knew they would be wall quilts and I had to hurry - six months is not enough time!!! Now let's see if I can figure out how to add the pictures from my Mac.... Oh my, I think I did it!! A major triumph for this technologically challenged woman...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408869[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408870[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408871[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]408872[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]408873[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0206.jpg   dsc_0214.jpg   dsc_0208.jpg   dsc_0209.jpg   dsc_0212.jpg