Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 PM
nancia

my son snookered me into buying crawfish one time. they ate them all before i had a chance. once my husband told me to stop buying apples, the kids just eat them. never did figure that one out! lol anyway, i bought the crawfish because #1 son said we never had anything unusual to eat. these kids were brought up on red beans and dirty rice, xri pulu, stuffed grape leaves ( my kids are practically pros at rolling them. if you help roll you get to taste test) and of course, all the tx's food, tex-mex, chinese, italian. yup, just your ordinary pb&j existence! lolol, but because we ate these things fairly often they were ordinary to our kids. my sister has travelled the world and for many years sent me recipes, and of course, we ate these things at her house, too. calamari, everything greek, i still can't believe he said that! lol now, dh and i eat from the phonebook. i saw a wonderful plaque that said: dinner options
1. take it
2. leave it
as a dear friend once said, i have a kitchen because it came with the house. i cook maybe once a week. have so many more interesting things to do~ practically anything!
d'sm-- i'm getting anxious, too! you know this will require a shopping trip! and i have money burning a hole in my pocket (ok, so it's a dieing ember, it's still a dollar!) and i will want to come up with something new and different! i would love for my partner to want a purse or tote! just got a cute pattern! just saying..... perhaps the purse might have a little gold embellishment to go with a rocking pair of gold shoes!! just saying........
brat-- i've got to get out of the table topper/runner cycle. i don't have a table except my cutting table, and that's, well, occupied with a variety of rulers, rotaries and remnants. i love the ones i've received and i'm using them as wall art. very festive and good memories! i will still check in to badger you!8-)