Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 AM
DustysMomma

Nancia, I have an idea. You could join the runner swap and send it to me & I can send it to my boyfriend's mom in Denmark! This 3am thing is getting to be a habit for you girl. I hope your arm feels better fast & there's no tear! That would seriously impede your sewing!!!!

Brat, since I broke my foot/ankle in 2005, I hardly ever wear heels. That gold pair I fell in love with though. They're low & comfy, thankfully, but my feet were very happy when I took them off right outside the building when we left. They preferred walking barefoot on the concrete (which my physical therapist would kick me for), but weren't happy at all when I put them back on to cross the asphalt parking lot. I got home and put on my slippers & heard "AHHHHHH!" come from them, lol. Last night is the most I've walked in any pair of heels since 2005. I used to wear them all the time, so it breaks my heart not to be able to wear the couple pair I have that I love.

Luckily, I didn't get the shopping gene, especially for shoes. My mother did though. She just didn't get the income to support it though. I have to say, that woman could make a Payless Shoe sale cry when I was a kid. But for me, it's fabric. It used to be Precious Moments figurines, but I have nowhere to put them in this house, so they're all in storage. After Precious Moments, it was gemstones. A few years before my divorce, the plan was for me to go to school to be a graduate gemologist. The school was 1 year of weekends in Atlanta, only 2 hours away. Well, then he found out that there's really no job prospects for a GG outside of big cities unless you own your own store & that suddenly & painfully was no longer something he would support me in. When we divorced, we split the stones. He pawned all of his & I still have all of mine.