Old 04-20-2013, 04:58 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraB ... splendid!! I need to see those fresh daisies, as I awoke to snow this morning! Nice switch on the border quilting. I'm guessing the binding is going to be in colour. Perhaps scrappy? Or, how are you going to surprise us? You deserve that luxurious bath ... two completed quilts in one week!!! My Oh My!!! Nexdt? ... Sell! Sell! Sell!! (those tickets)

I promise, you do not need your skiis here in Canada in July (old joke about our American friends coming north with skiis on their cars in July!!!) Whatever happened to global warming?

QNSue ... My condolences to you and your DH. You were so good to Aunt Ruth and helped to make her life a little more pleasant. Keep those good memories as you remember your loss. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you.

Thanks Everyone, about the coasters and pot holders ... I've never used the coasters! I bought them one time at a LQS thinking I might make them as a gift sometime, and they've sat in my sewing room ever since. Then recently I saw the super-size ones in a different LQS with a mason jar to leave a donation for a local charity. Last weekend, I took the idea and ran with it, making some of my own improvisations. Added in the special insulation batting, which seemed stiff, but as I used it this week, all seems good. Will it soften when washed?

JanRN ... cars have been covered before!! hhmmm? You could do this!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409077[/ATTACH]
The President of a local Guild made this during her year in the Chair, and had it on display at their Quilt Show. She even put screen over the windows so that she could have full vision and drive it in Parades. Gues she'll have to keep the car forever as it's not a one-size-fits-all!!!!
Attached Thumbnails haltonguild-floradale-001.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-20-2013 at 05:03 AM.