Thread: Washing Quilt
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:02 AM
mldesatnik

Red face Washing Quilt

I have a quilt that I appliqued in the early 1970's. I started to hand quilt, but due to deaths in the family and illnesses, I never got beyond the first turn on the frame. Consequently, that section was exposed to the elements, I took it off the frame, but kept it on the rollers hoping to finally have time to finish quilting it. It has been kept covered with an old white sheet, but still the white background is a different color than the remainder which was never exposed to the elements. Now that my husband has passed away, I have nothing but time. I have finished hand quilting it, but would like to wash it so that the quilt is clean. Can anyone give me any advise as to the proper way to ensure how to wash the quilt without
damaging the appliqued flowers which are poppies, red to orange colors? There is a diffinite color difference between the first section, and the remainder which was rolled up.

I have just joined, and enjoy everyones willingness to share their "know-how" with fellow quilters! Quilters are such giving people.

Marion