Old 04-20-2013, 08:58 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

DDamsel ... well, isn;t that the cutest, and I see you have landed him right onto a quilt! Will be quite a change from your "big" dogs!

Honchey ... bet that Bingo $ burning a hole in your pocket and now you need to go on another FART!!! Did you give anyone your address to get your MB in NC? Tell DH .... "Just Because" ... you'll have to find a man-parallel to help him understand. Guess her guild members had a lot of "boxes that shall never be opened", and opened them wide for her! She sure put a lot of work into it ... everything was quilted ... and as you can see, well fit to the car. Yup we had snow overnight ... and I saw flakes falling again, a few minutes ago. arrgghhhhh!!!

For your pretty dresses ... the other day I saw a Michael Miller Fairy Frost with just a touch of sparkles in it. What about using it? I'm not familiar with Kona Snow, though I am thinking it's a plain white. If so, I'd go for the WOW, as it'd look somewhat lacy and girlie to go with the mood of the piece.

And to think I forgot my big announcement ..................... Thursday I cut the deal for my new machine!
I wanted the Sweet 16, but as many of you know I was having a hard time justifying the cost, for a machine that would sit idle a lot. So I went for the Bernina 820 (comes with the BSR). It will give me a lot more throat space, though not the desirable open height or width of the S16. I'm thinking it'll be a good way for me to work on developing my FMQ skills ... and if I do good, and outgrow the quilting ability, then I will have a better comfort to get the S16, or whatever happens to be around when the time comes.

Thank you SO much to all of you for your insights and help while I was researching and doing my own soul-searching about the decision. You all helped immensely. Now you'll just have to listen to me moan and groan as I adjust to the Bernina mindset!