Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM
JanTx

Default baby quilts for twin girls with ... different nursery!

I had pink quilts made with minky backs for a friend expecting twins. Done. Finished. Then I got the shower invitation with this little note: Nursery is farm animals with barn red, green, yellow, and cream.

Hmmmm. No problem cause I don't try to match quilt to nursery. I want the quilt to last much longer than nursery decorations.

But ... strange as that nursery seems for baby girls it sent me to my little collection of tops where I had one with ... chickens, barns, yellow, green, and cream. Wow. Too funny. I bought fat quarters on a wonderful sale, put them together using the pattern "Cheaper by the Half Dozen" then wondered what on earth I would do with it. Didn't look baby, or lady, or gent, or ... anything. It had been hanging on a hanger for almost two years when that invitation arrived. But ... I needed two. I knew a dear friend had similar FQs - we were together when we bought them. I also knew she didn't have a clue what to do with them and they were untouched. So ... find some ricrac, some girly backing and ..... ta-dah! Baby girl quilts that will grow with them. This is a farming family so these are perfect. (I did think the nursery strange, but found that they were handed down the complete nursery set from a cousin with twins and that made perfect sense!)

One is quilted with sort-of feathers that are supposed to remind you of corn plants. THe other is loop-de-doops and hearts.

WHat fun to send a UFO off in such a happy way! (Yep - that's one of the original pink ones hanging out from below the farm ones. Now just have to wait for another set of girl twins!)
Attached Thumbnails dsc00295.jpg   dsc00297.jpg   dsc00298.jpg   dsc00299.jpg  

Last edited by JanTx; 04-20-2013 at 12:40 PM.