Old 11-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

I suffer from Fibromyalgia, and it not only slows down my quilting, but everything! I had a rice sock, and wore it out.
I am going to make another one. It was warm here, but has cooled off rather quickly.
For anyone that has arthritis or fibromyalgia, etc. or low blood pressure...gets cold easy...you know how the weather can make your stuff act up.
I was sitting here freezing and my neck was hurting, so I took a small dish towel, wet it, put it in a gallon zip loc bag and nuked it. That's microwaved for some of you :wink:
Working great for a temporary fix.
I will be making another one with baked raw rice (to kill bugs), put it in a sock and tie or sew end closed. You just put them in the microwave for 30 seconds. You might have to experiment, you don't want to get burned.
It's put in dry, by the way. Helps a lot with the stiff muscles.
Amma says she even uses straps to hold hers on her back. I've got to try that too. Have a lot of problems with neck and between shoulder blades. Try it. You can put it on cold feet, tummies, under your robe to warm up.
Lots of uses. Make them in different colors, long and thin for drapeage, and give as gifts. I baked my rice on a cookie sheet at 350 for 30 minutes. Enjoy! :D