View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Luv Quilts and Cats

Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
cute! both of the stories above.

My MIL had a black cat named Midnight that used to open their bedroom door at night. He would jump up and wrap his paws around the doorknob and twist it. then he would wake mom up so she could let him outside. He never woke Dad up just Mom. He probably knew Dad would have kicked him through the door if he tried to wake him up! LOL

My Mil bought a siamese kitten for my son for Christmas. shortly after when Nicky (the cat) was a few months old my DH had a serious head injury and we werent' at home much for a few months. so MIL and FIL took the cat to the farm. He lived inside. but being a tomcat he was marking his territory and he had the audacity to mark it on Dad's boot with dad's foot inside and that cat went sailing through the screen door without opening the door! LOL He never did that again!! A few months later he decided he liked the neighbors house better and he never came home again. but my BILs would see him at the neighbors and knew he was alright.
The cat was marking because he wasn't neutered. That's what intact male cats do. Kicking him through the door is not the answer. Neutering is. Please spay and neuter your pets, otherwise they will act naturally and either get pregnant and have a litter of kittens you have to find homes for or if male, mark around the house (not a pleasant smell). Too many cats are already in shelters needing homes. OK, off my soapbox. I'm glad the cat was not injured from the kick, but not surprised he went to live with the neighbors. I'm not trying to be mean, I don't like to see animals abused.