View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 05:06 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Some of the vendors are real aggressive about no pictures, or note taking in their booth. Don't take a picture of their booth number. They think you are taking pictures of their samples. You can take pictures of all the quilts in the quilt show but it's best to buy the Show book with every quilt in it. The books are $20 and worth it. You will find them at the front of the show at the AQS booth. Then just take close up pics of the ones that the detail take your breath away. By a raffle ticket from the Yo Yo Ladies of Paducah, they are usually in the Museum. Also the Roatary Club has a themed quilt exhibit with vendors. The Hancock Yearly Challenge is usually at Finkels Book Sale Warehouse. There is so much to see and do one day will not be enough so I hope you have at least 2 days. The mall has lots of vendors and I found them to have cheaper prices then the vendors at the quilt show. I don't buy fabric there, I can get the same fabric online. The quilt kits at Hancocks sell out fast, they are in the back room. Walk in Hancocks and turn right and keep going right. You will see double doors. I love Eleanor Burns barn and tent sale. Don't miss her free tent show. The shuttle buses are fun but take a lot of time because they stop at all hotels/motels on their route. You can walk to downtown from the quilt show and museum. Take a water bottle with you and refill at the water fountains.