Old 04-21-2013, 10:24 AM
kellen46

Lightbulb If you like Project Runway you will just love this You Tube show.

I admit it I am a Project Runway junkie...but since I found this British sewing show I may have a new favorite. This is the Link...The Great British Sewing Bee s01e01. All in all it takes ordinary stitchers and puts them in a Project Runway format. The models are just regular sized people, and the focus is on technique and innovation. They use paper patterns, there is lots of information on how to modify a commercial pattern to fit a specific body shape and so on. While I love Project runway not many of us want to look sexy and fashion forward in a balloon caplet with leather pencil trousers in a size two. However many of us would like to know how to modify a princess line dress in a size 12 or 14. Also they feature a make it at home project how too in the show. Yeah! This is a regular show in Britain but sadly not here, so You tube makes it viewable. Hooray for the INTERNET.
Also NOBODY wears six inch stiletto heels on the show...stupidest shoes ever made...if men had to walk in stiletto heels we would all be wearing ballerina flats.

Last edited by kellen46; 04-21-2013 at 10:28 AM.