Old 03-07-2007, 07:39 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Well, here I sit. I'm a little bit nervous and scared of what I've just done. I've completed my very first quilting project! It turned out a little bit crappy. I'm on the perfectionist side, but I still like it. I wanna show it off, but I know I'm gonna have some laughers. I also know I have more positive ppl out there, though!

I have three projects as one, sorta.... I made three small wall art quilted projects...very very mini quilts. I made them for my SIL for her Bday, and they are late. :( I know she will love them because I put a lot of work into these for her. They are a set, but can be displayed differently. I made each one completely different, so they really don't match or anything. My hubby's brother married my SIL on 18 NOV. 2006. I have no siblings, so this is my sister. :) She loves sunflowers. She also wanted to be a Marine Biologist as a child. She's my friend, and she is almost finished in school for Elem. Education/Special Education..........that is my inspiration behind these pieces of art.

I embroidered the center with my sewing/embroidery machine....AND I had a hard time with the binding on the teacher one. I have not put a binding on the dolphin one, yet, but that is all I have left on it. I did better on the quilting on the dolphin one (second one) than the teacher/apple first one. Hopefully the binding goes better on it as well.
And laugh, go ahead! I have a ton of pins in the last (sunflower one!)!!! I cannot find my stick pins anywhere, so I am "stuck" with the safety pins for now!

Please feel free to give any advice. Tell me HONESTLY what you think. I can take it. I know I didn't do my best. I think the second one will turn out better. Go ahead, let me have it. :D Thanks for letting me share!!!
Miranda
oh, these are kinda like a giant pot holder! so silly!

MY VERY FIRST FINISHED QUILTING PROJECT. NO FLASH ON THE CAM. FOR THIS ONE. WALL ART. MINI-MINI QUILT.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-52.jpe