View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 05:12 PM
DogHouseMom

I was just searching around for more clear pictures of the tensioner because I still suspect that something is wrong with mine. I couldn't find any real clear pictures showing the spring for the 99 or the spartan, but I noticed that some 221's have the same tensioner and I find excellent close-up's of those. And ... I was right ... my spring is wrong. The free end of mine is sticking up and out of the whole tension device and it should be inside nestled next to the tension disc. I'm going to play with it to see if I can bend it correctly, but I may have to buy a new one. I know Sew-classic has them and I need to get some other parts from her for a different machine anyway so I'll combine an order.

Thanks for your help Joe ... at least I know I'm not the only who couldn't get that dial to go to zero.

And yes ... I did turn the lock screw so that opening is completely horizontal and I could orient the dial index mark at the top. I also had to unlock the side screw in the head and turn the recessed shoulders as the top one was in the 12:00 position.