View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 05:29 AM
romanojg

This is one of those questions that for every yes, you'll get someone else saying no. If you can, what I would suggest is to go to a few different places and test run machines to see what is the best fit for you. I can understand getting a cheaper standard machine; especially to learn on. If you end up getting into sewing/quilting then you can always upgrade and this machine will be good to travel to classes with etc or as a backup. Also why checking out machines check the customer service and classes offered at that store. I have Vikings and love them, I also have Kenmore/Janome machine bought at Sears that I love and keep it on the same table as my top of the line Diamond. Only you can decide what is good for you and the more you see as to some features that some offer the easier the decision will be. I love the auto thread cut, the auto needle down and I also love the auto thread tension because no matter what I'm doing, embroidery, sewing, or FMQ, I don't have to adjust a thing. The machine does it all. Check out your options. There are lots of good machines out there