Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 AM
sewrealquilting

It sounds like everyone is doing so well! I hung in this weekend. Had friends over on Sunday for lunch and did go ahead and enjoy lunch with everyone which was not exactly on my plan, but didn't allow the one meal to turn into a free-for-all and this morning am back on track! Meanmom; I am so glad there aren't any candy stores near me - 75% off homemade chocolate candy would have been so far beyond my ability to resist!

Cindy - I agree that with all the other sentiments regarding requiring the FQ's being turned in on time - I'm not sure I did get mine in on time this month but if I didn't there really isn't any good reason why I couldn't have! And will do so in the future!

As to quilting - I finished a pretty large quilt top and decided it was too big to do on my machine and I have spent so much time on it, I couldn't bear to send it out to be quilted so I started my very first hand-quilted quilt! Took me a bit to find a comfortable position and get the rocking stitch down - but after tearing it out a few times, I think I finally got it last night and loved doing it. Just sat quietly with a movie on snuggled up with the quilt all around me and quilted away! Just had to share -