View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Prim Quilts

I got mine from a thrift store for $10. It is a mocha short bed. I really kind of wanted a black long bed. This poor machine went through the wringer before coming to live here. Someone put the needle in wrong and the machine wouldn't sew. So they took apart the tensioner and couldn't figure out how to put it back together. They also took apart the bobbin case etc......and also couldn't figure out how to put it back together. The good news was all the parts were still there. So then since the machine was unfixable, they sentenced it to a wet moldy basement before they finally gave it up to the thrift store. The guys in back saved it for me and when I saw it was a 301 I snatchted it up. It was filthy and the homemade cabinet that didn't even fit right ended up being fire wood. However, it didn't take long to get it back running............maybe if they had bothered to look at the manual that was still with it. Anyway, it is my favorite machine, and I have about 32 or 35 right now. So very quiet. Poor thing had a hard life before coming here. All owner error. So in the end, it doesn't matter what it looks like.