Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
oldquilter

Default Okay, folks, I finally have to share my secret--New Machine

Hi, all. Everyone was so kind when I asked advice on machines, remember when I was ready to shoot my Singer Quantum? My husband asked me to research what I really wanted. Then we drove to Cannonsburg, Pa to the closest Janome dealer I could find(approx 50 miles from home, guess we live in the boonies.The shop is called Sew Much Fun, Sue Gates is the owner, I was looking for a machine to quilt, sew and do a little embroidery, without a lot of cussing and screaming and crying. Sue was so gracious, showed me the different machines, then she and my husband talked me into the Memory Craft 11,00 Special Edition. Only costs about twice as much as I was planning to spend. But both Sue and My DH were RIGHT. I have had it since March 29, 2013. I have probably sewed every day but a couple since then. I have been holding my breath, not telling anyone about my new baby. I was so gun shy, from my other mess. Anyway, THANKS to everyone, and I am having such a good time again. It has done everything I asked it to do, have yet to break a needle, love learning all the new features. Now I have tons of ideas I want to try, especially with the embroidery feature, and Acufill quilting. And the shop is not so far away, if I have problems. I really appreciate this board, and all the people willing to share advice, and ideas!