Old 04-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Ranchwife

Originally Posted by Ranchwife View Post
I used the instructions on this video - http://youtu.be/I_qyb7XxY4k. I followed their directions except for not using 1/2 inch seam allowances. I also marked the fold line on the back by marking a line 7/8 inches from my outermost SID, pressing the fabric, then glue basting it. I then SID to seal up that seam. I am having problems with doing this because I have to leave 1 inch on the top and bottom of the block so I can join the rows. I need to figure out how to do this so it looks good and doesn't leave unstitched regions. See this post for pics and more explanation on the problems I'm talking about. I'm almost to decide that hand stitching the blocks together on the back might be the best way to go, and just SID the rows together.
so, after a lot of thinking on this today, I decided to rip out the SID on the seams where the blocks are joined and hand stitch them together. MUCH happier with the back now. No sloppy blind stitching and now I have nice neat seams. Not stitching in the ditch on the edge of the blocks will make for a more pronounced "puffy border" around each block. Yep, much better.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg