View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Nammie to 7

I didn't sign up for this challenge even though that is what I've been doing for quite a while - well since I bought 85 yards of fabric when the LQS had a whole line on sale for 40 to 90% off last summer. It was all in the muted colors that I didn't have any of. I was really good about not buying fabric from July until February when it was the shop hop for this area. I ended up buying about 25 yards of fabric - but it was all for specific quilts. Oh and of course I bought 30 yards of flannel when it was on sale for $2.00 a yard. That is mostly used up already. I make receiving blankets and crochet around the edges. I made a log cabin quilt for my grandson - totally out of my stash. I'm now working on a patriotic quilt, and an applique quilt and a BOM embroidery quilt all from my stash. I have a few more quilts planned for the fabric I already have on hand. I've also been sewing American Girl doll clothes and haven't bought fabric for those either. I've run out of room for fabric - I have the 85 or so yards from last spring stored in the bathtub in the 2nd bathroom - luckily no one uses that bathroom!