View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:06 AM
Wintersewer

I bought a new Bernina 710 ($3500 plus tax.) 5 weeks ago and it has been nothing but trouble. I have already had it back to the dealer, and still it is not right. The straight stitch is crooked, and there are several others with the same problem. Some dealers have deflected blame back on experienced sewers, and some have worked with the owners, and even sent some of them back to Bernina for repairs. I bought a tote just so that I can take it back for repairs. It weighs near 30 pounds and I hurt my shoulder taking it back the first time. Everything Bernina costs more than any other machine and it is just not worth it.

My new Janome 7700 works perfectly and has since the day I bought it.

After three weeks my Bernina 710 it had to go back because the bobbin case was stuck in the machine. This is a brand new type for Bernina and at least 4 others reported that it was either stuck in the machine or the bobbin was stuck in the bc. Before this 710 i had a Bernina 530 and it was wonderful. I advise NOT buying a new model, as Bernina uses their customers to test them.