View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:14 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by julie View Post
Wow, do I feel slighted. I have a Bernette 65, that my DH bought for me about 4 years ago. I love it. I've never had any problems with it, I've had it in for service only once, and that was preventive maintenance. I buy all my accessories at the Bernina store, I think that if these machines were so awful, Bernina would stop supplying them, so they wouldn't be associated with them.
As a couple other members said, test drive some machines and decide which one you like for yourself. You know your budget, so look at machines in that range. Before my Bernette, I owned Kenmore, and I loved those too.
If we can't be nice about the different brands of machines, and everyone's preferences, we'll never have world peace! lol
I totally agree. I've had a Singer for 25 yrs, and I gave it to my daughter when I bought my Kenmore that was made by Janome, it's a great machine too and I still use it. I had a Viking Ruby for a yr and loved it and traded it up last yr when I got a fantastic deal on the new Viking Diamond Deluxe, love it too. Sewing machines are just like about every other thing in life, some love what they got and others have had bad experiences with them. I've been lucky with my machines because I've loved them all. I didn't go with Bernia because I don't like the staff at the store here that sells them and wouldn't want to deal with that often. I didn't go with the Janome mainly because I really like the Viking. I got to embroider on a new Brother last yr and it was great and had one feature that I wished mine had but then mine has features that it doesn't have and I wouldn't give up. You really need to test drive the machines and the dealers and find one that's a good mix. I've heard some say they live in the sticks and it's too far away. I'd check out the nearest town and then find out what each shop sells and then take a day and go and try them all out and then decide. If you are going low end as with my Kenmore I didnt do that but did get the 5 yr warranty for next to nothing. All things in life has the good and then once in a while one that messes up, machines, people, etc are all like this.