Old 04-23-2013, 04:21 AM
Country1

Default Hope this little story helps someone else from making the same mistake!

Okay, so I'm going to quilt my DH's quilt he made for a wonderful friend of ours who has cancer. Well, I decided to put the quilt top on the frame of our mid-arm and I thought there was a enough left on a roll of muslin left on the roll on the frame. I decide to roll the top and the muslin on the frame to make sure it was enough. Yep and with a few inches left. I unroll them and put my batting on and off I go. Well, you guessed it, I had a moment, I didn't THINK, surprise! I ran out of backing, someone "ME" forgot that the batting added into the roll would now make the backing to short! My DH says it's okay just add some more muslin to it. He is so sweet!... The worst of it for me is this is his 1st quilt top, and I know he is so proud of it. He made this beautiful nine patch on a 1934 singer hand crank machine. He worked on it for hours and it is absolutely beautiful or at least until I got a hold of it. I guess we all make mistakes and at least I don't think I'll make this mistake again! I hope anyway, I just need to quilt and stop thinking so much!...