Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Oh, I don't care about the sticky as a matter of my own ego -- but if you don't have one, the swap slides out of view and then we don't have as many new people signing up -- and new people are always fun to have on board! You have to ask Admin for a sticky and since it's spring, our fearless board leader, PatriceJ, has been out in the garden. Am I jealous? You bet! Maybe next year

About the spider webs ... here is an article called A Spider Web for Luck. I wonder if there are any other traditions for Crazy Quilts? How can anyone ever get bored quilting? Impossible! Besides the beauty of the different patterns, the traditions and meanings of each element are so fascinating and tell stories about the women (and men) who make them. I just love it so much!

Oooo! I have to share something lovely with all of you. Writing that reminded me of the PBS series "Why Quilts Matter". Since I don't get that broadcast here in New York, and it looked so fascinating, I treated myself to the DVDs last year for my birthday. Never got to watch them, sad to say. Well, the flood came and they were encrusted with who knows what. Impossible to clean. Last week I got an email about a discount on the DVDs and on a whim I wrote them, saying what happened and asked if they might have any ideas about how to clean them. Guess what? They sent me a new set! What lovely people! And now I still want to figure out how to clean them so I can share with someone else!