View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 AM
WMD926

I bought a Brother CS6000i on Amazon that is computerized and has multiple decorative stitches. It had problems at 60 days so I was totally upset. I sent it in for repairs - since you can not repair it yourself - and it has worked great since then and I have come to love it. I only paid $159+ or something like that for it although it is listed at double that. While I was waiting for my Brother to be repaired I ordered and received a Janome HJD3000 machine which I paid around $350 for and again it was listed at a higher price. I loved it. It is a heavier machine so it handles heavier material better than the smaller brother. It is an electronic machine and not computerized. However I did have some severe problems with the stitches and had to spend quite a lot of time working on it to get it working right again. I got this one on Amazon as well and when it needed repairs Janome customer service told me to go to the place that I had purchased it for repairs and when I attempted to contact that company on Amazon they did not respond so I eventually fixed it myself. Prior to that I had a Kenmore for 25 years and loved it followed by another Kenmore for 27 years and loved it but when I looked at Kenmore and found out that Janome made them I went with the Janome and it works very much like the Kenmores I had. So I guess I would say either of those machines when working are a great machine.