View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:18 PM
alikat110
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Guess me and my old Singer are behind times...Ive heard of accquilt but never seen it in action! I should have bought the singer that Hobby Lobby had on sale at Christmas for her so Ill watch for another one on sale. Her mother doesnt sew and my son isnt home much during the day...maybe this summer on school break would be a good time to teach her.
She wants to make a quilt of her own! Im ALL FOR teaching them crafts and sewing and anything else they show an interest in just to see if they like it, even the boys. My 8 year old grandson loves to operate the footfeed when Im sewing. His dad (my son) loves to sew and to latch rugs and needlepoint...and I encourage it!
This is her first quilt. Started at 5 y/o...finished at 6 y/o....lots of patience and practice. I found that using a pencil to draw her stitching lines was tremendous help. Also heavily pinned. I think I would use school glue now, mostly to ease my nerves over pin pricks, but wasn't really that bad! Minimal quilting and I finished the edges for her. It is a well loved, heavily used quilt. She is actually to big for it except as a lap....
Attached Thumbnails 1366752043448.jpg  

Last edited by alikat110; 04-23-2013 at 01:21 PM.