View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM
jrhboxers

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
My kittens were contained in the bathroom at night with a bed and a litter box. When we opened the door the first morning they had used the litter box and have ever since. They were so tiny I used a tray with a rim that was only 1 inch high - they were too small to get in a regular box. Good luck.
Having raised almost 1000 newborn orphan kittens in my years of rescuing - this is what we did when we were working with feral kittens. The really little ones learned the same way. Especially when my older cats wanted nothing to do with them. My male boxer always helped with the babies, but HE isn't litter box trained either.

Check with the grocery stores and things for their boxes that soft drink 6 paks and canned vegetables are delivered in. The sides are only about an inch or an inch and a half. They are also easy to make a cut on one end so that they can get in.

I have never had a kitten NOT use the litter box after being introduced. Some are just a little harder headed than some and it takes a few days.

Good luck, and thanks for adopting NOT shopping.