View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 PM
Rhonda Lee

Default New to applique .. yikes!

My lqs is doing a BOM applique quilt. There are fusible backed shapes all laser cut for the quilt blocks. I've been purchasing the blocks each month and so far we have six blocks. There are 9 blocks total plus wide side and end borders. I purchased the borders today. So, I have 3 more blocks to go and then I'll have the whole project minus the backing and batting. I am not able to take any classes on this quilt at the lqs because I am home bound with taking care of my mother in law. Do any of you know about on line classes I could take to learn this art? I love applique and thought this would force me to learn it. I think I'm somewhat intimidated. So far, the blocks are being stacked on my shelf waiting for 'someday,' because that's what I'm apparently waiting for. However, I am in the middle of a quilt for my granddaughter that's getting married in June. I just finished a baby quilt for my darling new grandson that is 6 weeks old. (number 19). I also am making a table runner and place mats and just finished a 2 year quilt. (yay!) So it's not that I haven't been doing anything.

I just got the mail and The Keepsake Quilter catalog came. The Applique quilt I'm going to be doing 'someday' is the Spring Bouquet Block of the Month in this catalog. I like the price I'm paying my lqs better the the price listed in the catalog! Anyway, any advice on applique would be nice to have. Thank you my kind quilting friends.