Old 04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

OK - got some pictures of the latest 4 blocks... was also trying to figure out how long ago I posted J4, but I can't find the post number.... there it is....#2215.
Here are April 14th's blocks, J3,7, and 13
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409746[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]409747[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]409749[/ATTACH]
sorry about the lack of pressing before I took those pics! they would look better, but then it would take yet longer again!! If I had it to do over - which I will not - I would have made the inner square on point in J3 a little smaller than the book sketch. Jane's background is the same as her sashing, so it blends into a full square without the points cut off. I will "fix" it with my quilting by carrying the quilting line into the sashing a bit when I get to that point so it doesn't look cut off. Just a note - I hand appliqued the middle section that I had fussy cut out of "Crossroads to Texas" onto a square of my background. Then I snipped away part of the background that was covered to give it a more supple feel before adding the corners. J7 I messed up the width of one of the red sections [that's what happens when you try to force what you need out of one 5" charm square! Why? dk because I had two others of that print - but not redoing it]

J13 I made the center square a little larger and based the other sections on that [2 1/8" finished or 2 5/8" cut square instead of 1 3/4" finished, cut at 2 1/4"]
I also have J12 - I made that diffferently - Jane made a traditional basket with an upside down triangle as the basket supported by two upside down triangles at the base. Her triangle is taller and doesnt extend all the way to the sides of the block. The base of my triangle - which you should have on the straight grain - I cut at 4 5/16." For the triangle supports, I cut a 1 3/4" square in half diagonally [finishes 7/8"]. Then I cut a 7/8" bias strip for the handle. My base background below the basket I cut 1 1/4" x 5 1/4" and cut it down later. The handle background is cut at 2 1/2" x 5 1/4"
Attached Thumbnails dj-j3.jpg   dj-j7.jpg   dj-j12.jpg   dj-j13.jpg  

Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 04-23-2013 at 04:08 PM.