View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 PM
SoBuzy

Originally Posted by DannyValentine View Post
Someone from my quilt guild donated a White machine to me. I hand quilt and piece but I wanted to learn on a machine. This machine does not like me and I don't like it. One of my LQS is a bernina store and there's a machine I'd like to get for a couple hundred bucks. It's a very basic machine and they would teach me how to use it when I bought it. I just wanted to get an opinion on whether or not Bernina's are a good buy.
No 1.... Local is good when they teach.....that's worth a lot! 2. I love Bernina's...I bought one in 1982....it's as good as the day I purchased it...Bernina is the only family owned sewing machine company left.... I personally met the President who flew into a local Bernina Dealer in the middle of nowhere from Switzerland....signed the foot petal of my old machine! 3. I have an old Singer, a brand new Bernina, an older Janome and a brand new Janome....love everyone of them....oh and a Babylock 10 needle....I don't put any company down...they all have good machines and they all have lemons..but a good local dealer that offers service is priceless....only read the first 3 posts.....here's wishing you the best on whatever you choose!