View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Rhonda Lee

Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
I hope you will soon start Spring Bouquet. I have finished block 6. I had never done this type appliqué before but I find that I really enjoy it. My light box is too small for the pattern so I trace the pattern on very thin paper which I pin to the top of my fabric. I lift this paper pattern up and place the applique pieces on the fabric. Because the paper is very thin, I can see that my pieces are in the correct place. I often use a mini iron to tack the individual pieces in place. I am doing this BOM through my LQS. They give no instruction; but the owner has some completed blocks displayed. She used a small zig zag stitch and matching thread. You can purchase a box of Aurifil thread that matches the colors used in Spring Bouquet. I got mine from my LQS; but I have seen the thread on-line. To sew my pieces down, I use a buttonhole stitch and the matching thread. I love the way that looks! I hope you will enjoy making Spring Bouquet as much as I.
Oh my, so glad to know I'm not the only one doing this BOM. You and ckcowl and me. Of course I have done nothing yet. Thanks for the encouragement and information you have given me. I am feeling a bit of excitement towards this now instead of the fear. That's a good thing.